How To Choose an SEO Software: A Quick Guide
Because of ever-increasing competition in the digital marketplace, it can be extremely challenging for businesses, especially small businesses, to distinguish themselves from their competitors. There are a variety of digital marketing means of advertising your business can use to increase traffic to your website, one of the most important being SEO (Search Engine Optimization). Every day, millions of users utilize search engines in order to ask questions and find solutions to their problems.
So, in order to not only increase traffic to your website, but to correspondingly increase conversion rates, it is vital that you optimize your website for search engines to give your company the best chance for success. Your competitor may be selling the same exact product at an even lower price, but if you land higher up on the search results page, most users, especially those who do not understand the intricacies of SEO, intuitively believe that you are more relevant or provide a better product or service. SEO done right allows you the opportunity to distinguish yourself from your competition, gain user trust and increase traffic to your site.
Just like with any marketplace, there are dozens of SEO softwares and SEO tools available to choose from. Some of these are better than others or provide more bang for your buck. Therefore, it behooves you to consider thoroughly and to choose wisely so that you give yourself an optimal chance to not only exist but to thrive. Below, we will discuss what to consider when choosing a SEO platform.
What to Look For in SEO Software
- Data accuracy – The more precise your platform is at tracking rankings data, the better chance you have to react, if necessary, and succeed. Begin with the keyword-ranking tracker, the heart of any SEO platform, and see what other users have to say about the accuracy of the data. Being able to accurately analyze your traffic, visibility, and conversion rates allows you to hold your SEO platform accountable and actually see the benefits it provides to your company.
- How comprehensive is their website audit? – The goal of any website audit is to regularly check for technical issues, errors or ways to further optimize the website to increase traffic and conversions. There are a variety of parameters that an audit should cover, so finding a platform that regularly and comprehensively analyzes your website is key. A good SEO audit will not only cover and report on every single page of your website, but it should also provide you with actionable recommendations for further improvements or optimization for your website.
- Do they have a competitor research tool (CRT)? Is it actually useful? - A good competitor research tool gives your company the ability to track keywords of rival companies. A useful CRT allows you to view rankings in both paid and organic searches so that you can see what is working and what is not working. From this data, you can glean methods and strategies to further optimize your platform.
- How easy is it to use? – Because there are so many SEO softwares to choose from, one of the most obvious factors to consider is: how hard is the SEO platform to use or navigate? As you demo or click through the prospective platform, ask yourself if it is user-friendly, or if it is intuitive. Does it not only provide you with all the relevant information but does it do so in such a way where it is all in one place or easy to understand? Does it allow users to edit or navigate simply? The user interface should be simple and easy to use, regardless of your SEO knowledge. These practices should be intuitive and provide you with the tools you need without clutter or confusion. At the end of the day, you are paying for this service, and ideally, it should lessen headaches, not increase them.
- Can it create customizable reports? – As mentioned earlier, it is important to track and react to your SEO efforts. Customizable reports are an essential tool for analyzing specific data and keeping your company accountable. They give you the ability to take these insights and act upon them or make slight alterations to further optimize.
- Training and Support – The optimal platform will not only provide you with all the tools to succeed, but its portfolio manager’s should also continuously work with you and coach you in all of the platform’s features and how to utilize them to their fullest. Furthermore, they should update you on any new features or improvements to the platform and be happy and willing to train you to use their platform effectively. Onboard training should only be the first introductory step. After, a good platform will aid clients in their campaigns, maintaining an open line of communication. Their goal should always be to help you achieve whatever your desired outcome might be.
As mentioned previously, there are dozens of SEO platforms to choose from. This plethora of options can make it difficult to distinguish the differences between them. So, consider the accuracy of their data, the quality of their audits, CRT and support staff. Ask yourself, “How easy is it to use?” and, “Can I tailor it to my business?” Do not make this decision without first considering these factors when choosing an SEO software for your company.